Short summary of the job: The bookkeeper will maintain financial records, record financial transactions, process payroll, statutory filings, and help prepare financial reports for both VREC Solar and SolShare Energy.
Work to Be Performed:
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Prepare and review customer invoices
- Process customer payments, follow up on outstanding receivables
- Process employee expenses and vendor bills
- Monitor due dates on payables, manage cash flow
- Record inter-company transactions between parent and subsidiary companies
- Ensure accuracy of timesheets and time coded to jobs
- Prepare payroll, calculate source deductions, issue semi-monthly payments to staff
- Process and remit monthly payroll source deductions
- Calculate and process applicable wage subsidies (CEWS)
- Prepare, file and pay GST, PST, WorkSafe BC, payroll remittances
- Prepare and file annual T4s, T5s, and T2 tax returns for both parent (VREC Solar) and subsidiary (SolShare Energy)
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Monitor cash flow on a regular basis
- Help prepare balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, and other reports
- Experience with acccounts payable and receivable, payroll, inter-company transactions, GST, PST, corporate taxation, and other government regulations
- Familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in financial software (we use open-source software)
- Efficient and detail-oriented with strong math skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills using standard English
- Experience in project accounting, job costing, or construction industry would be useful
- Much of the work can be done remotely but ideally candidiate would be available to come to our office in Vancouver
- Work will be part-time, 8-10 hours per week
- Depending on your skills we may be able to increase those hours to include other administration work. There also may be work at another partner company that could increase the hours to 20.
- Pay: $26 per hour or negotiable based on qualifications and experience
About VREC Solar
Vancouver Renewable Energy Co-operative (VREC Solar) sells, installs and provides consulting services for renewable energy systems. We specialize in designing and installing solar photovoltaics, solar hot water, and solar pool heating systems. Incorporated in 2004, VREC is the most experienced solar photovoltaic installer in the Lower Mainland, having installed the first grid-tie photovoltaic system in the City of Vancouver. We have built our reputation on providing practical solutions and accurate expectations of what renewable energy systems can provide.
VREC Solar is a for-profit, employee-owned cooperative. Our employees operate in a collaborative environment, help contribute to decisions made on behalf of the cooperative, and assume equal responsibility for achieving our goals. VREC Solar is a values-based business that works to have a positive impact in our region.
VREC is committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Indigenous status. We welcome and encourage applications from under-represented communities.