Construction Electrician & Solar Photovoltaics Installer.
Job Duties – electrical installation, maintenance and repair of solar photovoltaics and energy storage systems.
– installing solar photovoltaic panels, inverters, and associated equipment on rooftops of residential and commercial buildings
– installing electrical conservation equipment, energy-efficient lighting fixtures and general electrical work
– completing solar site assessments
Qualifications– in process of completing an electrical apprenticeship program.
– prefer training and/or experience in installing renewable energy systems (solar photovoltaics, solar thermal, solar hot water, solar pools, other)
– prefer driver’s license (class 5 to drive van)
– computer software: spreadsheets, databases, general office
– comfortable working on roofs
– Fall Safety training (or willingness to complete)
– physically fit (able to carry heavy object 30-50 lbs, use ladders, climb on roofs)
– excellent customer service and communication skills
- Work will be full-time, 35 hours per week for a two month contract.
- There may be an opportunity to extend the contract
- Pay: $23-28 per hour based on qualifications and experience
About VREC Solar
Vancouver Renewable Energy Co-operative (VREC Solar) sells, installs and provides consulting services for renewable energy systems. Since 2004,we have specialized in designing and installing photovoltaics, solar hot water, and solar pool heating systems. As BC's solar energy leader we were the first contractor to install a grid-tie system in BC. We also started the first community owned solar investment project, installed the first PPA project in BC and installed the most northern grid-tie system in the Western Hemisphere.
VREC Solar is a for-profit, employee-owned cooperative. Our employees operate in a collaborative environment, help contribute to decisions made on behalf of the cooperative, and assume equal responsibility for achieving our goals. As a employee you will be offered an opportunity to become a joint owner of the business. VREC Solar is a values-based business that works to have a positive impact in regions that we work in.
VREC is committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Indigenous status. We welcome and encourage applications from under-represented communities.