Solar Photovoltaics Installer.
– installing solar photovoltaic panels, inverters, and associated equipment on rooftops of residential and commercial buildings
– installing electrical conservation equipment, energy-efficient lighting fixtures and general electrical work
– completing solar site assessments
– preparing solar assessment reports and quotes
– designing solar PV systems
-customer relationship management
– prefer training and/or experience in installing renewable energy systems (solar photovoltaics, solar thermal, solar hot water, solar pools, other)
– driver’s license (class 5 to drive van)
– computer software: spreadsheets, databases, general office
– comfortable working on roofs
– Fall Safety training
– physically fit (able to carry heavy object 30-50 lbs, use ladders, climb on roofs)
– excellent customer service and communication skillsy
- Work will be full-time, 40 hours per week
- Most work is in the Lower Mainland but some travel will be required.
- Pay: $27-32 per hour based on qualifications and experience
About VREC Solar
Vancouver Renewable Energy Co-operative (VREC Solar) sells, installs and provides consulting services for renewable energy systems. Since 2004,we have specialized in designing and installing photovoltaics, solar hot water, and solar pool heating systems. As BC's solar energy leader we installed the first grid-tie photovoltaic system in the City of Vancouver, started the first community owned solar investment project, installed the first PPA project in BC and installed the most northern grid-tie system in the Western Hemisphere.
VREC Solar is a for-profit, employee-owned cooperative. Our employees operate in a collaborative environment, help contribute to decisions made on behalf of the cooperative, and assume equal responsibility for achieving our goals. VREC Solar is a values-based business that works to have a positive impact in our region.
VREC is committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Indigenous status. We welcome and encourage applications from under-represented communities.audience in mind, your story will ring false and be bland. No one will be interested. Write for one person. If it’s genuine for the one, it’s genuine for the rest.