Solar Photovoltaics Installer
Solar Photovoltaics Installer
– installing solar photovoltaic panels, inverters, and associated equipment on rooftops of residential and commercial buildings
– installing electrical conservation equipment, energy-efficient lighting fixtures and general electrical work
- troubleshooting and repairing solar photovoltaic and solar thermal systems
– designing solar PV systems and preparing reports and quotes
– completing in person solar site assessments
– customer relationship management
– must be physically fit (able to carry heavy objects up to 50 lbs, use ladders, climb and work safely on roofs)
– prefer training and/or experience in installing renewable energy systems (solar photovoltaics, solar thermal, solar hot water, solar pools, other)
- training in photovoltaics / solar hot water design preferred
– Fall Safety training or ability to complete
– driver’s license (class 5 to drive company van) preferred
– computer software: spreadsheets, databases, general office
-experience with electrical work, plumbing and project management would also be helpful
– excellent customer service and communication skills
– training for some of the above may be provided for the right candidate
- $24.08 - $32/hr based on qualifications/experience plus profit sharing after probationary period
-Standard Vacation and Holiday paid leaves and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) that covers many extended health costs
- 35-40 hours per week
- work from head office in Vancouver, home, and travel mainly within Lower Mainland, sometimes further in BC
No phone calls please
Thank you for applying. We will do our best, but may not be able to respond to every applicant.
About VREC Solar
Vancouver Renewable Energy Co-operative (VREC Solar) sells, installs and provides consulting services for renewable energy systems. Since 2004,we have specialized in designing and installing photovoltaics, solar hot water, and solar pool heating systems. As BC's solar energy leader we installed the first grid-tie photovoltaic system in the City of Vancouver, started the first community owned solar investment project, installed the first PPA project in BC and installed the most northern grid-tie system in the Western Hemisphere.
VREC Solar is a for-profit, employee-owned cooperative. Our employees operate in a collaborative environment, help contribute to decisions made on behalf of the cooperative, and assume equal responsibility for achieving our goals. VREC Solar is a values-based business that works to have a positive impact in our region.
We are a living wage employer and member of the BC Sustainable Energy Association, the Canadian Solar Industries Association, the Canadian Workers Coop Federation, and the Canada Green Building Council. We are also a Certified Tesla PowerWall Installer.
VREC is committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability and age. We welcome and encourage applications from under-represented communities.